The California Youth Council (CYC) is a statewide council of young people committed to raising awareness on youth issues.
Young people are competent and capable citizens who have an interest in their community. Youth development is not only discussed in CYC meetings, it is practiced! High school age youth from all parts of California, with different opinions and experiences make up the CYC. The common thread that holds this diverse group together is, all are committed to making positive change happen in their communities.
The CFNLP is now accepting applications for membership on the 2016-2017 California Youth Council. Applications are to be submitted through e-mail (KellieG@tcoe.org) or fax (559) 737-4231 by June 19, 2016.
2015-2016 California Youth Council Representatives:
- Janet Salcedo - Fresno County
- Tori Diaz - Glenn County
- Chance Allen - Sacramento
- Analise Viloria – Sacramento
- Ashlee Hakchaleun – Del Norte County
- Haley Sanchez – San Luis Obispo
- Winston Holyfield – San Luis Obispo
- Madeline Napier – Del Norte County
- Kevin Padilla – Los Angeles County
- Alexis Patlan – Orange County
- Punya Sidhu – Contra Costa County
Produced by CYC, CFNLP, and SAMHSA
- “Count Me In… features California youths and community leaders who highlight the importance of underage drinking prevention and challenge fellow Californians to get involved in local efforts. This video was produced through the SAMHSA/CSAP Underage Drinking Prevention Education Initiatives (UADPEI) in an ongoing collaboration with States and Territories to produce videos that support local underage drinking prevention communications efforts.” -http://www.samhsa.gov/